Pages

▼

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Bob Petit passes away at age 93

Bob Petit passed away this week at 93 years old.  He's truly one of the all-time greats of the game.  I'm not saying top 10, top 20 or 30.  I understand the complexities of comparing NBA eras, but he was a dominant big man in his day.  He averaged 26.6 points and 16.2. rebounds per game in his 11-year career while dealing with the likes of Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain.  His career points per game average is best for 10th all-time while his career rebounding per game average is 3rd all-time.  As a big NBA fan and a Hawks fan, I've read and seen much on Bob Petit and became a big fan.  From what I know he lived a good life after basketball.  He'll be greatly missed.  RIP.

1X NBA Champion, 2X MVP, 11X All-NBA, 11X All-Star, 2X Scoring Champion, NBA 75th Anniversary Team

No comments:

Post a Comment