Thursday, December 26, 2013

Movie Review: Monsters University

Monsters University was a movie I was really looking forward to seeing and as it was a Christmas present to the kids this week I was able to watch it this morning. 

I wasn't disappointed.  No need to dissect this too much.  It is a very good prequel giving us the background on how Sully and Mike met in college.  Sully is the prototypical jock while Mike is the nerd.  Not exactly a surprise but I wouldn't expect anything less. 

We see that Mike wanted nothing more in life than to be a "scarer" and headed to Monsters U. to fulfill that dream.  He is the guy who is the best book student on the subject while his practical skills are lacking.  At the school he meets Sully in class who thinks he can be the best scarer on his famous family name as well as pure talent.  Of course this puts them on different sides of the academic path.  Through circumstances they must then work together at the end to achieve their goal which is a pretty standard plot for these types of movies.

That doesn't matter as it is the journey you'll enjoy.  It is fun to see these guys in a school setting and meet new characters.  My favorite is the school dean.  I highly recommend this to everyone.  This is probably my favorite animation film/series at the moment.  I recommend everyone with kids to let them watch as kids will enjoy this one as much as the first even without the cute kid from the original film.  If you are an adult and have any interest in animated films you must also give it a look.  I do think you'll like it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment