Wednesday, April 17, 2019

2018-2019 Status Basketball Cards

The Status basketball brand isn't necessarily my thing but it won't stop me from grabbing some to get eyes on.  This is the 2018-2019 Status basketball.  For what it is I like it.  This card is nice but I think the road or alternate unis with the color would work better on these.  There is already a ton of white and pastels here.  
  I pulled a Moritz Wagner rookie!  My first card of the former Michigan Wolverines standout.  The backs aren't bad but the colors don't thrill me.  The Mo Bamba Rookie Credentials is a pretty cool card.
Decent pull if not spectacular.  Kawhi Leonard is one of the greats in the league right now and a PC guy for me.  CJ McCollum will play a big part for my Blazers run in the playoffs.  That Clint Capella is an aqua parallel.  I like it as it takes that bright white background out of play.
Jurkic and Green will also be front an center in these playoffs as their teams are #2 and #1 seeds in the Western Conference respectively.  There should be some really good series this year.  I can't see me picking more of these but they are decent cards this year.  But never say never...

BREAKDOWN:
15 – Total Cards
4 – RC
1 – SSP Pursuit
1 – Aqua Parallel
1 – Rookie Credentials

13 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of the background, it's very generic looking, it also looks like about a hundred other Panini basketball sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it. Seems like an excuse to use pastels wholesale.

      Delete
  2. Last year’s set reminded me mode of the early 90’s Skybox sets, but I like this year’s effort as well. I’ve gone back and forth buying rack packs at Walmart and Target to try the various store exclusive parallels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skybox is a perfect comparison. I do wish the background wasn't so bright but I still get it. I liked Skybox back in the day. I've opened a ton of that wax.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. These definitely didn't take a lot of time to design. Lol

      Delete