Friday, May 31, 2013

Move Review: Iron Man 3

 
I was able to enjoy Iron Man 3 on my birthday with my wonderful youngins in early May.  I really enjoyed the movie and think everyone should watch it in the theaters.  I still see the first Iron Man movie as the standard bearer for this franchise and I can't say Iron Man 3 was quite as good.  I do think it was better than Iron Man 2 but as the difference between them is slight it doesn't really matter. 
 
The villains were good.  I always think Iron Man must have super powered bad guys to fight and they were there.  I still think there are some bad guys in the Iron Man rogues gallery who would make a good transition to film and have high hopes for any new films in the franchise.  There is a big twist in this movie concerning the bad guys.  I won't ruin it. I never saw it coming and that I like.  Overall I thought the pacing was good and I never got bored.  There were minor plot points that I am not a fan of but they didn't detract from my movie experience.   
 
Probably the best gauge for this movie would be how the kids like it.  Mine ranged from 12 to 25 (my 70+ year-old mother also went) and all really enjoyed the movie.  A couple have made multiple trips to see it again.  I've always liked Iron Man and Robert Downey Jr. is the best guy out there to portray him.  I'm not sure anyone knows if he'll be back but I hope he'll be back for more.  You always have to worry about sequel fatigue but the makers of Iron Man have done a good job of keeping this franchise going strong.   

No comments:

Post a Comment