Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Marvel 80th Anniversary Stickers

Marvel 80th Anniversary Stickers:  We see these at Wal-Mart and I'm sure Target and I picked some up for the grandsons.  They kind of liked them but I need to pick up the sticker books for them to put them in.  That'll interest them more.  I struggled finding a checklist but it looks like there are around 270 stickers.  This Black Panther was a favorite of those I have.  I've always like Black Panther and I like the art.
These are some cool stickers too.  I like the art.  Some classic some more modern.  It looks like the main set is numbered 1-190 which are what I pulled and the rest are inserts I assume.  I can't find anything that tells me one way or another.
Comic covers are fun for the memories and most seem to be classic or first covers for characters and teams.  
Some like this one seem to be part of a larger photo though this one, from the Civil War series, seems to stand on its own.
They seem to do a good job touching on characters from across the Marvel universe.
These are fun.  Probably more for me than my grandsons.  They probably know the majority of the characters but not what's behind the art or most of the classic moments.  I'll pick up the sticker book.  I'm sure that adds to the experience.

BREAKDOWN:
45 - Total Stickers (9 Packs)
11 – Comic Covers
7 – Red Foil



10 comments:

  1. I really like those comic covers. I remember having the originals from childhood, and today I still have a handful. I grab them when I see them for cheap. I may have to get me some of the new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are just fun. Love the comic covers as well as the art.

      Delete
  2. maybe this will help.

    https://www.beckett.com/news/2020-upper-deck-marvel-80th-anniversary-trading-cards/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The above is the 2019 Upper Deck release.

      here is Panini;s 2020 release:

      https://www.paniniamerica.net/marvel-80th-anniversary-sticker-collection-album.html

      Delete
    2. here is the skiddy on the 2020 Panini set. 192 stickers, and 50 cards, totaling 242.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. I was really struggling with this one for some reason.

      Delete
  3. These are awesome... especially the comic book covers. I'd love to build the set and complete the album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover stickers are cool I agree. I'll pick up the book and I think it'll be fun filling it up with stickers with help of my grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Modern Marvel doesn't do very much for me, but these are really great! I'd even buy some if I ever came across any, not that I'm expecting to do so though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like these for the art and the older storylines and covers.

      Delete