Friday, June 10, 2022

2022 Gypsy Queen Blaster with Autograph

2022 Gypsy Queen:  I normally enjoy Gypsy Queen so I was happy to see this in the wild.  We'll kick it off with Clayton Kershaw.  At age 34 he was having a great start to the season before hitting the IL. (4-0, 1.80 ERA, 30 IP).
Decent pull in this box though the stars are Dodger heavy.
Young players including a green parallel.  There is one green parallel per pack for a total of seven in the box.
I like the wood border parallels though they aren't necessarily better looking than the base cards.  Luis Campusano is 23 and only has around 50 total at bats in the majors so he has a long ways to being a bonefied major leaguer.
This GQ Gems are decent looking cards but I can't say I'd search out more.
My biggest beef with this design is how they do the name.  In hand it is hard to read.  I know the Kershaw scan makes it look clear as a bell but those lines in between the letters are very distracting.  The light blue around the team name seems out of place as well with this retro color scheme.
A fun box with some nice pulls.  Will I pick up more?  Still to be determined.

BREAKDOWN: 
49 – Total Cards
7 – Green Parallel
5 – RC
1 – Wood Border
1 – GQ Gems Mini
1 – Gypsy Queen Autograph



6 comments:

  1. I think this is the first GQ design I actually love. It's got almost a steam-punk quality to it and the little ticket on the side is *Chef's kiss*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second Matt's thoughts. Steampunk was the first thing that popped into my head as well. Congratulations on the Campusano pull. Looks like he's doing okay in AAA. Hopefully he'll one day become the Padres starting catcher.

      Delete
    2. I do like the ticket thing as well. Overall a good design and I didn't even think steampunk but I dig it. Just have to get past how they did the name. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Nice autograph spot between his legs on his stance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone just woke up Justin Turner :) Thanks for showing off the cards and congrats on the auto!

    ReplyDelete