Sunday, August 14, 2022

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

 Multiverse of Madness:  Finally watched this one.  Lots of folks weren't enamored with it and I get it.  I think there are plenty of cool moments in the movie but the plot as a whole wasn't a hit with me.  I know where they were going but it is convoluted and I don't think it did the characters justice in the end.  I really enjoyed the original Dr. Strange and his character in the Marvel movie universe but this one was just a bit meh.  Doesn't mean I wasn't entertained but it doesn't hit the mark of the other recent Marvel films including the last Spidey offering which was great.  I talked about Wandavision yesterday and I think these two are naturals to be teamed in a movie.  Just didn't wow me.  My quick take and I always enjoy hearing what others think so let me know.





4 comments:

  1. I'm with you. The movie wasn't one of my favorite MCU films... but it wasn't terrible. I was pretty stoked to see some of the cameos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy the cameos as well. Never know who'll show up in these movies.

      Delete
  2. Not nearly as good as the original, but I appreciate that Marvel gave us something unlike anything we've seen before. Risky, but not your stale superhero fare...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with them thinking outside the box. Always hard to follow a successful original but this was good.

      Delete