Friday, September 23, 2022

Random Wax: 2021 Topps Heritage Hanger Box

 2021 Heritage: One of those I picked up over a year ago.  I'm a big Arenado fan.  Only bad thing is he's a Cardinal now but I do get to hear more about him day-to-day on local sports radio.  He's having a great season - his best since 2019.  Dude continually brings it at the plate and in the field.
Topps went with their '72 design for this edition of Heritage.  Plenty of great players in this box and Ohtani may be the best of the lot.
Two greats in their own right but seemed a bit of an odd pairing.
This is the Candy Lid insert.  Always like seeing retired greats even on different inserts like this one.
All three of these guys are having good years again and probably in the exact same order even if they aren't at the top of the ERA leader board.
Dylan Carlson has struggled this year after having a good season in 2021.  White hasn't found any success at the major league level.
One of Tatis' few highlights of late.  I really like that dude and want him to come back strong after his suspension.  I know many will never look at him the same.
In Action cards which we've come to expect from Heritage.
Good box of cards.  My pull helps of course but modern stars in old designs can be a fun look.

BREAKDOWN:
35 – Total Cards
6 – In Action
4 – Rookie Stars
2 – Retired Greats
2 – League Leaders
1 – Rookies
1 – Postseason
1 – Candy Lids
1 – Then and Now
1 – Boyhood Photos of the Stars




2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing they both led the league in the same category, or the connection is they both won the MVP Award. (Which they did.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could remember. Has to be something that tied them together.

      Delete