Sunday, January 29, 2023

Random Wax: 2022 Score Football

2022 Score Football:  Championship Sunday so of course I'll do some football.  Deion is an all-time favorite of mine and though I wasn't a fan of him going to the Cowboys I do like this blue uni from Dallas.  This Hall of Fame great won two Super Bowls and was an All-Pro six times.
A mixed bag with these three.  Justin Herbert will be hoping his next offensive coordinator can get him back to his 2023 numbers or even better.  He has a high ceiling in the NFL and I hope we can see more greatness from this guy.
Ravens rookies bringing it here at least with headgear and the hair.  Ojabo does not look like a dude I'd want to mess with.
This set has plenty of rookie cards to enjoy.
I like the Huddle Up inserts.
Purple parallel, Throwback Rookie and a Cubic parallel #/299.  There are actually two parallels #/299 in this set so you have to do your research to figure out which one you have. 
Like the designs on this one and I like the photo.
This was a 60 card pack so I was excited since the other packs only have 40 cards.  Only thing guaranteed with them is a numbered card which I've already shown off.  You have shot at other inserts but I didn't pull any of that coolness.  I've purchased too much of the '22 Score and this will probably be my last pack.  I still have plenty to show off over the next year though.
These Celebration inserts are fun.  Even more fun with a Mahomes appearance.

Who doesn't love retired greats?  The First Ballot inserts are really nice and I will probably complete that set.  
BREAKDOWN:
60 – Total Cards
13 – RC
7 – Potential
6 – Retired Greats
5 – Purple Parallel
4 – Celebration
3 – Huddle Up
2 – First Ballot
2 – Sack Attack
1 – Cubic #/299
1 – Throwback Rookie




8 comments:

  1. That Jameson Williams throwback is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are cool cards and great nod to the past design.

      Delete
  2. Fortunately Panini kept the price point for Score lower than their other sets. I wonder why the lower price meant the card bros stayed away. Thanks for showing them off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness. Prices on too many cards have gone up.

      Delete
  3. Not a Rams fan... but that Huddle Up insert is cool. And it's nice to see Shaun Alexander in current products as a retired great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. He's not in a lot of conversations but he was so good.

      Delete
  4. I have really enjoyed the 2022 Score football cards. I am actually building four of the insert sets plus trying to get the Steelers and Hall of Famers out of the base set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good set to do that with. The design grows on me more and more and really does make you think Score.

      Delete