Yours Cruelly, Elvira is the memoir of Cassandra Peterson, aka Elvira. As a teen in the 80s who was a fan of all things Halloween and of course girls, it was impossible not be aware of Elvira. In my head I thought for all the funny craziness we saw when she was on the screen, I assumed for no good reason her life was much calmer. Boy was I wrong. She had a pretty crazy life with so many trials, adventures and triumphs. It's a good read. She's very open about everything that went into her life. No matter what happened or got in her way she persevered. Again, lots of adventures, lots of crossing paths with stars and lots of fun while showing it was all due to hard work and making it through obstacles. Great way to start spooky season.


Some women never seem to age. Elvira is one of them. I had an opportunity to help a friend who had a private signing with her. I couldn't take time off from work, so I ended up missing out. But he said she was really nice.
ReplyDelete