Sunday, May 20, 2012

Battleship the Movie

I very much enjoyed the Battleship movie this weekend.  I didn't go in with any expectations which might have helped.  First please don't expect any Academy Award worthy performances out of this movie.  Do expect action after the pre-requisite setup.  It would be so much easier to punch holes in the movie as opposed to writing about what I enjoyed about the movie but I'll give it a shot.

First I just enjoyed the movie.  A great gauge for me is if I'm looking at my watch while watching the movie.  Even though this was a two plus hour movie I thought the time went by very quickly.  I was also sucked in by the rock-n-roll music placed in just the right places as the action ratcheted up.  I will ding the movie for not getting the famous tag line "you sank my battleship" into the movie in some fashion.  But if that is the worst I'll throw at the movie it is all good.  Again if you are a fan of action this movie has.  Just don't expect much substance to go along with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment