Wednesday, July 29, 2015

2015 Panini Americana Trading Cards Review

I picked up a pack of the 2015 Panini Americana trading cards a while back and couldn't be more disappointed.  I think this is the first time I've purchased this branding and I'm not sure what I expected but this wasn't it.  This is the most bland set I've seen in some time.  A straight silver border with a head shot of a celebrity with a silver background.  Not much to get excited about.  The individual's name and occupation are at the top of the card, again in silver, with the Panini logo in the bottom left corner.  The back gives a brief write-up which is ok but the lack of imagination and color make this a dud as well.  It just seems like someone was looking for the cheapest way to put out a card and this is what they came out with.  I did receive a red parallel card which actually shows some pop but that was about the only life I saw in this pack. 

I do like the concept.  Cards of entertainment personalities and I enjoyed some of the cards I pulled specifically Vanilla Ice, Ian Ziering, and John C. McGinley.  Martin Short is also a nice pull though I'm not a huge fun.  A head shot with the bland design is just so uninspiring.  Looking at the inserts, and the designs for those cards, there are some great looks and insert sets to be had.  But if I'm just buying a normal pack and won't have much chance of getting one of those nice looking cards why would I want to if this is all I get to look at.  Sorry, Panini but this is a fail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment