Tuesday, August 4, 2020

1990-1991 Hoops Basketball Pack

 1990-1991 Hoops Basketball: This was part of an Amazon basketball pack lot purchase.  The season is flying high so no better way to celebrate than Nique right?  Like what I did there?  Dominique is my all-time favorite basketball player and this is one my favorite cards of his.  Maybe even my favorite.  It's a great photo and he is framed by "Atlanta" and "Hawks" in the background while a teammate celebrates the dunk.  Only thing that could make it better would have been those great road jerseys from this era.  
 A couple of all-time great coaches and player.  Love all-star subsets like this one too with actual game photos.  Definitely happy with my pull.  A bunch of hall of famers and players I remember well.
 The design of this set is one I like and I busted a ton of it back in the day.  The backs were really good too with full stats, an additional photo, and decent design.  Love these old packs, and this set, and will probably go back for more at some point. 
Parish was never a guy that did much for me but he was good no doubt.  Definitely something deceptive about his look but he had skills.

BREAKDOWN:
15 – Total Cards
4 – Coaches
1 – All-Star
1 – Checklist

7 comments:

  1. Whoa, that 'Nique card is indeed fantastic. I'm not even a basketball guy really and I think I need to chase one of those down. Like you said, nearly perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With you 100% in Nique, he was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great card of the Nique! Great camera angle "looking up".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... that 'Nique is sweet.

    ReplyDelete