Sunday, August 9, 2020

2004 Upper Deck Football

2004 Upper Deck Football:  A part of that eBay purchase a while back this was a pretty cool pack.  I wasn't collecting during this time frame so they look vaguely familiar but not sure I've ever seen them in hand before.  I really like this photo of Peyton Manning.  Looks like he is in a bit of trouble but I can imagine he still has his eyes downfield looking for a way out this jam.  And I wouldn't doubt he did just that.
The designs are fairly simple but I like them.  The name can be a bit tough to read but that's not uncommon with foil.  Another great photo on that Tedy Bruschi.  The photo on the Star Rookie is pretty cool as well.  Darling may not have had a good career but he'll always have a cool photo on this card.
The backs are simple.  I like the big logo and color but dislike the small stats.  The amount of stats isn't an issue but the fact that the font size is so small is.
I really like how the team logo is a smaller version on top of a muted bigger version of the same logo.  Nice touch. This was a fun pack and a win in my book.  I've already looked at the possibility of picking up more to rip.  Love seeing Drew Brees in his Chargers uni. 


BREAKDOWN:
8 – Total Cards
1 – Star Rookie



 

6 comments:

  1. I really like this set as well. The DNA strand twist between name and team really works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your description. I struggled with an accurate take on it. It is a nice looking set and that design works.

      Delete
  2. I miss Upper Deck making baseball cards. They always had great photography in all their products, not just one like Stadium Club. That Peyton Manning card has a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss them as well. Great quality and the photos always shined.

      Delete
  3. Upper deck always made a great product in football. Missed those days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see them producing cards for the other sports. They were so good.

      Delete