Sunday, January 24, 2021

1991 Pro Set Series II Football

 1991 Pro Set Football:  This is a good set from the past so this was a fun pack to open.  This Lawrence Taylor photo is great.  That should be Rodney Peete about to get swallowed up by Taylor.

These are really good looking cards and about the only thing missing is a team logo.  The photos are solid as are the colors used matching the team colors.
There are plenty of subsets as part of this release which makes it much more than just a base set.  Those art cards are all-time favorites of mine which is a part of the Pro Bowl subset.  This one showcases Albert Lewis.  There are some inserts but they are vey limited and highlighted by the Santa Claus card.
The backs are great.  They are vey colorful and I like the inclusion of the appropriate AFC or NFC logo.  A team logo would still be nice.  I'm a big fan of this set.  Pro Set thought outside the box back then which helped shape some of what we see today in cards. 

This Joe Ferguson is definitely a favorite of mine.  A fan favorite in Buffalo he didn't get many special cards like this.  Nice looking card.  Speaking of Buffalo...GO BILLS!

BREAKDOWN:
15 – Total Cards
2 – Draft Choice
1 – Legends
1 – All-AFC Team
1 – NFL Newsreel



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Bummer with the Bills loss but KC is soooo good. They'll be just as tough to beat for the Buccaneers.

      Delete
  2. Love these cards! This set is one of the few football sets I'm trying to complete. I still have a ton of unopened 4-card cello packs of these that I still have to open. They were leftovers from a stadium giveaway back when I worked a Raider game at the LA Coliseum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cool. Never knew they did giveaways of these.

      Delete
  3. I've had a box of these for about a year now, and was planning on opening up sometime this week, so this post was sort of fortuitous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be fun. I wouldn't hesitate to pick one of those up either given the chance. Have fun!

      Delete
  4. How the heck have I never seen that LT card before? It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit I don't remember it either though I'm sure I've ripped quite a bit of this set and seen plenty of posts online. Maybe because it is series 2.

      Delete