Sunday, May 16, 2021

2021 Bowman

 2021 Bowman: A few of these were at my local Wally World yesterday so I grabbed three packs.  I have to say collation was bad amongst the three packs so I ended up with some duplicates which was disappointing.  Each pack comes with five Chrome and this Jo Adell was a nice Chrome pull and a great place to start.  The price point on these is $9.99.  I forget these are that expensive or I would have only pick up two packs.  I'll show off the other two packs throughout the year.
Almost every young player in these packs were players I'm not familiar with.  I did pull a Brave so hopefully in a few years I'll see Drew Waters in the majors.  I like the design this year.  It's a bit busy but I've found past designs on the boring side.
Some base Chrome.
Three Marlins highlight this Talent Pipeline Chrome insert.
Plenty of young players in these packs.  I was happy with the photos for most part as well.  
Veterans are also part of the set but it seemed like I had anywhere from two to six veterans in each pack.  These four were all duplicated in another pack.  Other than the duplicates I like these cards.  I won't look for more except maybe some singles.  

  
BREAKDOWN:
19 – Total Cards
5 – Chrome
2 – RC
1 – Talent Pipeline
1 – Rookie of the Year Favorites


4 comments:

  1. Can’t believe you found some Bowman at Walmart. I like the look of them , especially the shiny ones.
    Only thing I don’t like is the ‘veteran’ listing on the veteran cards. Seems like they are helping the flippers out. If someone who buys Bowman doesn’t know enough about baseball to know who a veteran is, then unless they are a kid just starting out, then they don’t need to be in the hobby, they are just in it to make money. Seems like Topps doesn’t care about the average collector, just about selling product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting "Veterans" on the veterans cards is really odd. I don't know what their motivation is. Got lucky finding these. I went and did my shopping, went to check out and the local sniper came and bought the rest out.

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen much of these yet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete