Friday, May 21, 2021

Random Wax: 2019 Tops Opening Day Blaster

 2019 Topps Opening Day:  I've lost the breakdown for this one but I think it was one of a few very random 2019 blasters I randomly found in 2020.  I'm an Opening Day guy so there was no way I was going to pass these up. 
Looking back on these is so much fun.  Even better when the stars from 2019 still hold up today.  Freeman just reached 250 home runs for his career.  deGrom has started crazy good this year and Matt Olson is having a really good year so far as well.
Mascots are always fun and the 150 Years of Fun are fun inserts as well.  And pulling Ichiro cards is always fun.  I'll stop saying fun now...
Lindor is struggling in New York but he is still having fun cashing the mongo paychecks he is getting from the Mets.
More Acuna more better.  Torres is trying to get back to his 2019 self, and stats, while Hudson has had a good career as a Cardinal starter.  
Photos like this are always cool.  Not the standard photos we get used to.  
Plenty of star power in this box.  Always a good thing.  
We'll end it right here with this great photo.  That's a great way to celebrate..  I really like these cards and this box.  
 

4 comments:

  1. That Lindor card is actually one of my favorite cards of his. I am not an A's fan but that insert is pretty sweet, and I enjoy mascot cards so that Mariner Moose card is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lindor is a nice looking card for sure and that A's shot is a favorite of mine.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful shot of the Oakland Coliseum and Mount Davis.

    ReplyDelete