Thursday, July 29, 2021

Random Wax: 2020-2021 Contenders Draft Picks Basketball

 2020-2021 Contenders Draft Picks Basketball: Another pack from November.  Tonight is the draft where every team has hope they might find that next star to help put their team over the top.  Trae Young is that guy for the Atlanta Hawks.  Young, drafted by Dallas, was traded to the Hawks who originally drafted Doncic.  The Hawks used the Mavs' first round pick they received to draft Cam Reddish (still a work in progress).
Definitely good pulls in these packs.  The set size isn't that large with 50 base cards, each having a photo variation.
Great seeing retired greats as part of the set.  Front Row Seat and Winning Ticket are inserts.
Mascots also get some love in this set.  Again plenty of stars to be had in these packs.  Fun pack and here's to hoping everyone's team finds "that guy" in tonight's draft.  


BREAKDOWN:
18 - Total Cards
2 – Winning Ticket
2 – Game Ticket Green Parallel 
1 – Mascot
1 – Front Row Seat


2 comments:

  1. Does Panini produce a Contenders set featuring NBA players in their college jerseys every year? If so, it seems like overkill. I understand having cards of last year's college stars, but it seems like I've seen Carmelo in a Syracuse uniform way more than I need to. Then again... I don't collect basketball, so my opinion doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to say the various Contenders cards that you share have grown on me. It is pretty cool to see where some of the superstars played their sport. I like that Seth Curry card but then again I like any Blue Devils card.

    ReplyDelete