Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Random Wax: 2020 Prestige Football

2020 Prestige Football:  This pack has been hanging around since August but with the Packers' training camp starting up today it seems very appropriate.  Will A-A-Ron be there?  I have to think he will be but it is the biggest question still lingering out there.  And if he is there how awkward is it?
Some solid base card pulls.
Great move by Tristan Wirfs as he got a Super Ring as a member of the Bucs last season.
Any Gardner Minshew card needs to showcase his mustache and hair.  Just saying.  Love the Old School inserts and this Ozzie Newsome in particular.
These Worldwide cards don't do a lot for me but I really like the Power House inserts.  Fun pack!


BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
6 – RC
2 – Rookies Xtra Points Green Parallel
1 – Worldwide
1 – Old School
1 – Power House
1 – Youth Movement


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like they've come to an agreement of some sort... so at this point... I think it'll be more awkward if he doesn't show up. Sure hope all of this drama ends up paying off for Rodgers and the Packers as a team. As a fan, I'd hate to see Rodgers wearing another jersey next season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I'd love to see Rogers as a Packer for his entire career. Something my old man self really doesn't like seeing is superstars not staying with the same team for their entire career. The Packers-Rogers thing seems very awkward. Rogers addressed the issue and was fairly open. Weird how things get to this point.

      Delete
    2. Totally agree. One franchise athletes are becoming more and more rare, but that just means they'll be more and more treasured by collectors like us who enjoy collecting them.

      Delete
    3. Have you ever looked at a player differently when they leave a team particularly one you are a fan for? I have. No doubt. Whether it was willingly or the team made the decision. Just a thing for me. Of course that doesn't happen with everyone but sometimes it just doesn't sit right and can affect my view and collecting of a player.

      Delete