Sunday, October 2, 2022

Random Wax: 2022 Donruss NASCAR

2022 Donruss NASCAR:  The NASCAR playoffs are in full force and this guy is in the middle of it.  Today they are in Talladega today and Denny is sixth in the standings.  This Contenders card is a good looking card.
Kyle Larson has to be one of the favorites to win it all.  He's the reigning champ is currently fourth in points.  Speaking of playoffs my favorite truck driver Zane Smith is currently third in the standings with only three races to go.  And yeah still don't like this design.
All three of these guys know something about winning.  Fun seeing Jeff Gordon on wax again.  This retro '81 design is not one I really care for and they didn't do much of anything to try and jazz it up.
My man Kyle Busch has been eliminated from the playoffs and now looks forward to his new team next year.  He'll move from the Joe Gibbs team to Richard Childress Racing in 2023.  Jr. isn't driving anymore but luckily, we can hear him both in the booth as well as on his work with Dirty Mo Media.  Great watch.
Young drivers getting their time to shine on cardboard. 
Not really a classic looking "Donruss Kings" design but I'm still good with this one.
I like the Under the Lights cards.  This was a fun pack with a pretty good pull.  Panini does a good job with variety in this brand which keeps it interesting.  I really like the Action Packed cards.  No, they aren't raised like the classic Action Packed we're used to.  But a good look.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
9 – Retro 1981
6 – Retired Greats
4 – Race Kings
3 – Carolina Blue Parallel
2 – Optic
2 – Rated Rookie
1 - Contenders
1 – Victory Laps
1 – Action Packed
1 – Under the Lights



9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I like those as well. Many of the tracks have unique trophies or prizes when drivers win so they are fun.

      Delete
  2. Action Packed isn't packing any action haha. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad they create an Action Packed insert and don't take the time to make them embossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's known for that. Seems a waste. I know they could have come up with a different name.

      Delete
  4. I really like the 2022 Donruss NASCAR set. I wish I could find more packs of them in stores around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grabbed some off eBay not long ago. They dried up pretty quick. Have seen Chronicles at Target though.

      Delete
    2. I don't have that one. Sorry.

      Delete