Sunday, March 17, 2024

2023 Chronicles NASCAR Blaster

2023 Chronicles:  Chronicles is always fun with a ton of variety.  We'll kick it off with a cool Jeff Gordon Torque.  I really like that photo.  NASCAR is in Bristol, TN today.
Ryan Blaney is the reigning NASCAR Cup Champion.  I'm good with that Zenith card. The Recon isn't bad but I'm still not sure.  I do think I like Vertex.  This is my first look at this set and the blaster was a find when I was purchasing something from Target.com.
That Jeb Burton is a base card, of which there are 20 in the set.  Very small number but of course this set is all about the variety.  I like the Score card on principle but it really needed something in the bottom right corner.  Driver car number, a driver helmet, a tire, a car.  Something.  It looks so blah as is.
Ben Chastain is all smiles.  A guy most drivers aren't fans of, but you can't deny he's got talent.  The Brandon Jones Status Swatches is my relic from the blaster.  
Again the Torque cards are sharp.  And what a name for truck series driver Lawless Alan.  Classics is good looking as well.  
I like the Pedal Metal cards.  Lots going on but I like that we see the car as well as a couple of looks at the driver.  More youngsters than veteran drivers and retired greats in this set.  Not a negative but something to know going in.
My favorite driver of today, Kyle Busch, making a nice appearance on a nice looking Thunder card.  Fun box.  Probably seek out some singles from the box.  I really like the Hailee Deegan card.  Good photo, design and we see her at the track in front of her car.  Makes it stand out from the other cards.  
BREAKDOWN:
25 – Total Cards
5 – Green Parallels
3 – Vertex
3 – Chronicles
2 – RC
2 - Score
2 – Torque
2 – Luminance
2 – Pedal Metal
2 – Donruss Classic
1 – Recon
1 – Mosaic
1 – Zenith
1 – Thunder
1 – Elements
1 – Titanium
1 – Luminance
1 – Retired Great
1 – Clearly Donruss
1 – Status Swatches



8 comments:

  1. Love seeing all of the sponsors on their suits. If I ever opened up a box of this stuff... I'd get distracted looking at all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoying seeing the sponsors as well. And we remember the drivers as associated with their sponsors as much as their car numbers.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Who woulda thunk? https://www.racing-reference.info/driver/Lawless_Alan/

      Delete
  3. Jeff Gordon gets my nod here as he is my favorite racer of all time, but the Hallie Deegan is right up there as I have a ladies of racing collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Deegan fan as well. Can't go wrong with Gordon. Such a great dirver.

      Delete