Tuesday, April 9, 2024

2023 Prizm Draft Picks

23-24 Prizm Draft Picks:  Seen the blasters of these on the shelves of this set but I'm not a shiny card guy and the price for the cards just doesn't work that well.  But when I saw packs on the shelf I thought why not.  You're chasing Wembanyama in these sets but you really need to buy in bulk to have a real chance.
Overall these are good looking cards in hand.  You might get someone good or someone who hasn't seen the court in these packs.  Desmond Bane is another veteran you'll find in the set.  At least we get to see their college unis.
Michigan alum Kobe Bufkin has actually seen the court this season averaging 4 PPG for the Hawks.
Red Ice and Green Parallels.  I really like the look of the red borders on these.  
We do get retired greats in the set but unfortunately they give us black and white photos which takes away much of the excitement of seeing these NBA legends.
The backs aren't great but they do have some color and the team logos which is a plus.  Not a lot of excitement for me in this pack.  Maybe a blaster with more cards would have helped with star power or even a Wemby card.  This will be my last pack of these but I am glad I checked them out.

BREAKDOWN:
10 – Total Cards
4 – RC
2 – Retired Greats
1 – Green Parallel
1 – Red Ice Parallel


5 comments:

  1. Clingan! I was hoping to see a Huskies card :)

    The Red ice is nice, bummer it was a repeat player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit it didn't even click about Clingan and the Huskies when I drafted this post. Nice surprise.

      Delete
  2. I actually like that Magic card. The B&W photo goes well with the Prizm design/colors. I might try and add a parallel version to my collection if I can find a cheap copy on COMC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than happy to send this one to you if you want it. Just message me.

      Delete
  3. Had to look up where Walter went to school since the college isn't listed on the front (the internet says he's on Baylor). Wonder why Panini doesn't have an agreement with them.

    ReplyDelete