Friday, October 25, 2024

2024 World Series: New York Yankees at Los Angeles Dodgers

The World Series kicks off tonight and I'm sure the Fox network is thrilled.  I say that tongue in cheek.  The Dodgers and Yankees are the best teams in the league, and this is what we should all be wanting.  No way I can root for the Yanks though, so I'll be pulling for LA.  I get they are both evil empires spending money like they print it in a back room but I have to root for someone and Freddie Freeman, Mookie Betts, and Shohei Ohtani make the Dodgers much easier to root for.  Honestly, I don't see any huge advantage by either team.  Dodgers overall lineup and relivers versus the strengths of the Yanks with the top of their lineup and starters.  If I had to put money on this one, I'd be hurting.  Hopefully that means it's a good series.  We do get the two best power hitters facing off in Judge and Ohtani.  A rekindling of the fun these teams gave us in three World Series from 1977 to 1981.  The Yankees won two out of the three.  Rooting for some fun, some iconic moments and drama in whatever form that might take.

Friday, Oct. 25
Game 1: NYY @ LAD, 8:08 p.m. (FOX)

Saturday, Oct. 26
Game 2: NYY @ LAD, 8:08 p.m. (FOX)

Monday, Oct. 28
Game 3: LAD @ NYY, 8:08 p.m. (FOX)

Tuesday, Oct. 29
Game 4: LAD @ NYY, 8:08 p.m. (FOX)

Wednesday, Oct. 30
Game 5: LAD @ NYY, 8:08 p.m. (FOX)

Friday, Nov. 1
Game 6: NYY @ LAD, 8:08 p.m. (FOX)

Saturday, Nov. 2
Game 7: NYY @ LAD, 8:08 p.m. (FOX)


No comments:

Post a Comment