Thursday, September 7, 2023

2023 Score Football

 2023 Score Football: New NFL season so let's do some new football cards.  These have been on the shelves for a bit but this is a great time to show them off.  Josh Allen and the Bills should be playoff bound again this season but they need to get over the hump when they play tougher competition in the playoffs.
This design looks like an insert to me.  Maybe something with a score at the bottom.  But I like it.  It's not perfect with the side borders a bit clunky but I'll grab more of these for sure.  Love that throwback 1976 helmet Diggs is wearing with the additional red stripe.
Really good photo on this Sack Attack insert.  It works well in this vertical look.
Rookies are well represented.  Here we have the 2003 Throwback Rookie, base rookie card and Protential inserts.  All three are good but I really like the Throwback Rookie design.
Celebration inserts go vertical as well.  Another good choice and who doesn't love a lineman getting in on the fun.
The backs are fine with plenty of color but I'd still like to see more stats.
Huddle Up inserts work for me to.  Not sure why I'm good with something as simple as a huddle photo but I am.
This was a fun design and fun pack of cards.  Can't wait for the game tonight as the season kicks off.  Everyone enjoy!
BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
6 – RC
3 - Protential
3 - Celebration
3 – Red Parallel
2 – Sack Attack
1 – Huddle Up
1 – 2003 Throwback Rookie




6 comments:

  1. Dallas Goedert with the upset.

    Seems like a mid-range design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely wasn't a win for Josh Allen. LOL I'd agree with the mid-range assessment.

      Delete
  2. I like the look of the 2023 Score cards. I am slowly piecing together some of the insert sets. Are you looking for anything from this set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still too early to tell. I'll reach out though if I am. Thanks Tim!

      Delete
  3. They remind me of the glossy 1000 yard club cards of the 80s- 90s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call. I know exactly what you mean and I agree. Nice catch.

      Delete