Sunday, September 3, 2023

Random Wax: 2021 Contenders Football Hanger Box

2021 Contenders:  Football baby!  Can't wait for the NFL to start this week.  We'll kick off the week with a nice Bo Jackson card.  We need more of him on new wax.
Nice pull in this hanger box.  Stafford and Rams would go on to win the Super Bowl in the 2021 season.
All three of these guys have had good but varying success.  I want to see what Mac Jones can really do.  I don't think last year was really fair to him having to work under a defensive coordinator.  These Rookie of the Year cards look pretty nice.
These are a precursor to the Zenith set.  Maybe not but I get that same vibe for sure.
Love seeing retired legends get a shot in this set.
Power Players inserts are a fun design.
Gladiators is a design I like and Joe Thomas was a gladiator.  Just saying.  
This was a nice hanger box.  More variety that what I'm used to in Contenders packs.  Adam Thielen takes his talents to the Carolina Panthers this season.  I hope he can continue to thrive there.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
5 – Ruby Parallel
3 – Chain Movers
3 – Retired Greats
3 – Rookie of the Year Contenders
2 – Power Players
2 – Round Numbers
1 - Gladiators
1 – Playoff Ticket
1 – Supernatural
1 – MVP Contenders
1 – Legendary Contenders



3 comments:

  1. Mike Evans wins the round. Good group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall that was one great box of cards. The Bo Jackson card is awesome! I like the Jerome Bettis and Friermuth cards of course. But even as a Steelers fan, I enjoyed watching Joe Thomas play, and he was well deserving of being a first ballot Hall of Famer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thomas really was a great player. I was happy to see him get in first-time.

      Delete