Sunday, October 15, 2023

Random Wax: 2019 Score Football Hanger Box

2019 Score:  This is my twelfth post on this set.  Do I like it?  Yes.  A lot.  I really think Panini nailed it in their homage to 1989 Score Football.  Nice pull from this hanger box even if it is of an OSU alum.
I'm a big fan of almost all things this set does.  I really like the design and the photography. A couple of PC guys here in Luke Kuechly and Larry Fitzgerald.
Some decent rookies in my pull.  There are a ton of rookies in the set so your pull can be hit or miss.
Epix is always a favorite with collectors.
Signal-Callers' horizontal look gives us another look at QBs from the league.

I like the Fantasy Stars and Throwbacks inserts.
Nice jump shot.
NFL Draft inserts give us another look at rookies including the current star receiver for the Eagles, A.J. Brown.
Great photos here highlighting nice catches.
Consistently the photos shine.  I found these boxes over at Blowout Cards for $12 a piece.  Felt like a good price so I didn't hesitate when I saw them.  This isn't the easiest set to find at a good price so I jumped.

Another insert I like.  PC guy Todd Gurley really looks good in that old school Rams uni.
Huddle Up is a solid insert even though there isn't a lot of pizazz to it.
I have three more of these hanger boxes to show off over time.  It really was fun opening these up and remembering how much I like the set as well as just looking back at the different stars at the time.  Great set and plenty of variety here to enjoy.

BREAKDOWN:
60 – Total Cards
12 – RC
4 - Captains
4 – Purple Parallel
3 – Epix
3 – NFL Draft
3 – Signal-Callers
2 – Throwbacks
2 – Fantasy Stars
2 – All-Hands Team
1 – Huddle Up
1 - Celebration
1 – College Jerseys



6 comments:

  1. That's a good batch of cards.

    Cole pulls off the upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't hear me complain about seeing this set again. I love the base and insert design here, it's the only Score football set I've completed and as such is tucked away in a binder in my closet. Nice to see these great action photos again.

    ReplyDelete