Thursday, September 7, 2017

1990 Pro Set Super Bowl MVP's Insert Set

First day of football so let's look at some football cards - the 1990 Pro Set Super Bowl MVP insert set.  This set contains 24 art cards of the Super Bowls I -XXIV MVP's.
Overall I enjoy art cards and this is one I've always liked but just hadn't taken the time to pick it up.  I finally grabbed it on eBay. 
Not only did I get the 24 card set but the seller also threw in 24 duplicate cards from the set.
I love how the art really captures the players.  They are real deal paintings that look like the players.
There are tons of superstars here as would be expected.
I really enjoy Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Finals, Stanley Cup and all-star game centric cards so this is right up my alley.
For me there are a few all-time favorites/personal collection guys for me in Roger Staubach and Doug Williams.  Terry Bradshaw is also a guy I'm really high on.
 The fronts are nice and simple with no side borders and the art taking up almost all the card. 
The backs have a photo from the Super Bowl game with a nice write-up.  Simple but attractive.  I love these cards.  Everyone enjoy the start of the season!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful set! I can't believe it took me twenty-seven years to figure out these are inserts. For some reason I always thought they were a subset. Anyways... my parents went to the first Super Bowl. I'd love to one day own a PSA/DNA slabbed Starr signed card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I love it too. I actually thought these were part of the Pro Set Super Bowl set but after some digging figured out they were separate cards. There are a few cards in this set I'd love to have signed with Doug Williams being my first choice.

      Delete