Thursday, July 23, 2020

2020 Topps Baseball Series 2 Blaster

 2020 Topps Baseball Series 2:  I could have gone with Opening Day here but this shiny new blaster is my first look at Series 2 cards.  Design is the same as Series 1 and I'm still a bit meh on it but if you don't care for the design there was plenty of variety to keep you busy.  This Freddie Freeman card in his retro uni is one card I was really hoping to pull and boom there he is.  Not the last you'll see of him in this blaster which also came with a relic found in these boxes.   
 This is not the Andrew McCutchen you were hoping for...
 We get looks at players in their new unis.
 Turkey Red isn't necessarily my thing but when you get an all-time great it really helps right?  Not only did I get the regular Griffey but also the Chrome.  Can't beat that.
 Jim Rice is an all-time favorite so that was a big win and that Killebrew is SSP.  Another legend on a Turkey Red as well.
 Younger players get their day in the spotlight as well.  No clue what parallel that Jake Fraley is.
 The Slater is #/2020.  Great to see Dustin Pedroia on cardboard even if it's doubtful he'll see meaningful time on the diamond again.  Kim will make his major league debut this year.
 Those Empire State Award Winners is a Pete Alonzo insert set.
A few inserts.  I'm good with all these.  Not saying I have any clue what xISO is but I'm good with a Trout card any time I can pull one.  This was a fun blaster.  I thought my pull was a good one and I was happy with my inserts.  This Freddie Freeman ends us on a high note.  Play ball!
BREAKDOWN:
99 – Total Cards
8 – RC
7 – Turkey Red 2020
6 – Retired Greats
3 – Future Stars
3 – Topps All-Star Rookie
2 – Empire State Awards Winners
2 – 1985 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary
1 – Team Card
1 – Rainbow Foil
1 – Decades Best
1 – SSP Variation
1 – Significant Statistics
1 – Gold Parallel #/2020
1 – Turkey Red Chrome 2020

10 comments:

  1. Sweet Gwynn. And the coin card is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pull with the Freeman! Why does it always seem so hard to find a hit of one's team?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually is tough. I get a nice hit of players I don't care much for. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Nice blaster, I like that Killebrew quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Killebrew is really nice. Not sure what to do with it.

      Delete
  4. Nice pulls. Are the '85s and Killebrew available for trade?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice blaster. I have been looking for one, but they are sold out everywhere. I guess people didn't realize that Luis Robert has been in other sets for the past two years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's always looking for that guy. But you are right. Not his first cards.

      Delete