Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Skillet's 2019 Album Victorious

Skillet's Victorious CD was released in 2019.  Like it's predecessor it took time to grow on me but now I'm all in.  It's my go to for going on drives - windows down music up.  Like much of their music it has a driving undercurrent that just makes your head bob...or should I just say head bang.  From song #1 on this album, Legendary, there's some great hooks and beats throughout but Skillet stay true to their hard rock roots.  Legendary, Victorious, This is the Kingdom, Never Going Back, Finish LineBack to Life and the slower Terrify the Dark are my favorites but I don't click through any song on this album.  This record made it to #3 on the Rock and Hard Rock album charts.  You can hear samples of every song from the this album and all their albums here at Skillet's site.  I just wanted to share my thoughts.  This group is a good listen and great in concert.  Can't wait to see them live again.  Take a quick look at my previous posts on Skillet as well here.



No comments:

Post a Comment