Thursday, May 4, 2023

2022 Topps The Book of Boba Fett Blaster

 

2022 Topps Book of Boba Fett:  I'll share my thoughts on the TV series a bit later but for now we'll look at some cards.  Here we of course have Boba Fett and Fennec Shand.
The design for me is fine.  I like the colors and simplicity.  I do feel like the logo could have been somewhere else or maybe included "Book of Boba Fett".  As you'd expect you'll get mostly screen grabs on the base cards.  The Tusken Raiders really do shine in the series and look cool on the cards as well.
One of the Arsenal inserts.  Allows for more photos and you get a description of the weapon on the back.
Heroes and Villains and Aliens and Creatures inserts.  Nothing wrong with character cards and more background on them.  Krrsantan was a good character and seems to be a favorite amongst fans.
Concept Art insert showing off Cad Bane.  He's a fun character in the Star Wars universe so seeing him on cardboard is nice.  And this card looks cool.
Bad guys.
Yeah, Boba Fett riding a rancor...  Krrsantan is cool.  Not necessarily a hero but he has some redeeming qualities.  And everyone loves Wookies.
The backs are good in providing context for the card fronts.  No complaints and there is that logo I'd like to see on the front.
Manufactured relics can be hit or miss.  I really like the look of this one.  "Boba" with the Mando design inside it makes it look cool.
A look back at one of the sadder scenes in Star Wars.  And we'll finish it off with a look an Ahsoka Tano.  Always enjoy seeing her either on screen or on cards.  Fun box of cards.  Not sure I'll try to get a complete set but I do like what I saw in this blaster.
BREAKDOWN:
61 – Total Cards
8 – Blue Parallel
4 – Heroes & Villains
3 – Concept Art
2 – Purple Parallel
2 – Aliens & Creatures
1 – Arsenal
1 - Manufactured Medallion Relic



3 comments:

  1. Any card of Ming-Na Wen is a winner in my book. She doesn't age. Boba Fett is one of my favorite characters, so I was really pumped for this series. It wasn't perfect, but overall I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge Ming-Na Wen fan as well. I'm glad you liked the series. Hearing feedback from others is good. Sometimes I have to give things a second look.

      Delete
  2. I would have sampled a pack or two if that was an option but I wasn't gonna go in on a blaster blind. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete