Friday, May 19, 2023

2022 Topps Heritage High Numbers Blaster

2022 Topps Heritage Hight Numbers: I haven't dabbled in Heritage High Numbers in five years but picked this one up on a whim. It paid off big with this Julio Rodriguez Purple Chrome Refractor.  Definitely a moment there where I thought about holding onto it but ultimately it made since to sell now and it did within hours of going on sale.
1973 is one of the better retro designs in my book which helps here.  High series shows off veterans in their new unis as well as rookies.
Another Rodriguez pull.  No complaints here.  I'll hold on to that one and the Pena is a nice pull as well.
This Yepez is a Silver Border parallel #/373.
The Chrome Purple Refractors come one per pack. 
The '73 All-Star Game Highlight is nice as is the Rookie Performer though I'd like to see something other than the RC in that bottom right corner.
These are kind of cool.

Some horizontal fun while we finish it off with a local favorite and future hall of famer.
BREAKDOWN:
72 – Total Cards
25 – RC
8 – Chrome Purple Hot Box Refractors
1 – Retired Great
1 – Career Highlights
1 – Rookie Performers
1 – All-Star Rookie Cup
1 – Silver Bordered #/373
1 - 1973 MLB All-Star Game Highlights




 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the purple Julio! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Julio! Congratulations. The Career Highlights comics are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And I like the highlights as well.

      Delete
  3. I'm not a seller but I get it, so congrats on recouping your money! Helps that you got the base card too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting the base card does help. I don't sell much but this one made sense.

      Delete