Tuesday, May 16, 2023

NBA Conference Finals

 

Conference Finals are here and I'm excited.  Been some fun basketball so far in the playoffs.  Not the matchups we would have put money on but these are fun no matter how we got them.  Personally, I want to see a Denver-Miami Finals.  A Lakers-Heat Finals rematch or even a Lakers-Celtics Finals would be fun too.  But for me I want Jokic and the Nuggets to get there and see Jimmy Butler get another shot at a title.
Wow this one should be fun.  I already gush about Jokic and anyone who watches him play should as well.  This should be a great matchup against Anthony Davis.  Jokic and the Nuggets may have had some second half regular season issues but both have put all that behind them in the playoffs.  This dude is amazing.  I think the Nuggets take this in six games.  Can LA win?  Of course.  I don't discount LeBron and AD but the Nuggets as a whole are a better team.
I love Jimmy Butler and he has carried the Heat in the playoffs especially after Tyler Herro and Victor Oladipo went down. Who didn't think the Heat were done for at that point?  Boston is a great team and led by two superstars in Jayson Tatum and Jaylon Brown.  Maybe they haven't been on every game but they are by far much better than the Heat.  Boston should win this one in five.  Knowing Jimmy Buckets this could go seven for sure and it should be a hard fought series no matter how it ends up.



4 comments:

  1. Was kinda forced to follow the Warriors/Lakers series... because almost everyone I know was following it. I don't really care too much... but I'd be happy for the Lakers if they won it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to be a fairly large group of folks who are rooting for LA. Makes it fun.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking Denver and Boston. Before the start. Was not expecting the Celtics to be down 0-2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jimmy Butler but I didn't expect that either. Celtics are much better on paper but they aren't playing like it. But it's fun watching Jimmy Butler right now.

      Delete