Friday, August 11, 2023

2022 Allen and Ginter Blaster

2022 A&G:  Picked this up in February but I guess I forgot to share.  Allen & Ginter can be hit or miss with me but I still like picking up at least one blaster a year.  Nice looking Kirby Puckett to kick it off.  I've always liked Kirby even if he and the Twins squeaked by the Atlanta Braves in that darn 1991 World Series.
I actually like the large logo on these.  Not having a true border on the right still throws me off though.  Pete Alonso has had two seasons.  He's really struggled as of late and is not helping my fantasy team.
Kenley Jansen is a guy I thought would struggle with the pitch clock due to everything he does on the mound but he's had a solid year as the closer for the Red Sox.
Some youngsters I pulled.  Cruz is having a good year for the Marlins as is Brandon Marsh for the Phillies.  
Who doesn't like potato chips?
Hause is maybe Dave Hause the musician?  Nice Willie Mays card.
Some of the randomness you get with A&G.
Nice Clemons card while my relic was from Anthony Rendon who continues to struggle with injuries and at the plate.  I am happy to see the Angels all in on trying to make the playoffs and not trading Ohtani.  Fingers crossed they can do it.
Of all things on a What's Cookin card, we have ketchup?
Plenty of retired greats.  Really enjoy seeing Jason Varitek included.
Nice looking Banner Season insert.  We end it with one of my favorite players in Rickey Henderson who's probably thinking "I'll be on seocond base in no time".

BREAKDOWN:
48 – Total Cards
14 – RC
10 – Retired Greats
8 – Mini
3 – Base SP
3 – Banner Season
2 – Pitching a Gem
2 – It’s Your Special Day
1 – Ducks
1 – B Design Relic
1 – What’s Cookin'?
1 – Baseball Lexicon
1 - Rookie Design Variation Mini



8 comments:

  1. Nice to see so many A's from a single blaster. Just look at Rickey flex. Nice card. Love the B-Real card too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some effing weak non-baseball cards. Yikes.

    I'll vote for Mays over the Rendon relic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I agree. No arguments with Mays. A classic look.

      Delete
  3. First time for me looking at the 22 A&G set. Some good looking inserts here....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think A&G is one of the blasters popping up for 17 bucks at Walmarts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing them at discount prices. They can keep the rest.

    ReplyDelete