Sunday, August 27, 2023

Random Wax: 2020 Contenders Football

 2020 Contenders Football: Been a long time since I've shown off this set.  I like the design overall but there so little room for the photo it is easy to complain.  Bought this pack in January, 2021 and finally getting to show it off.  Hoping to see Adams have another good season.  He's proven he can play no matter where he calls home.
Again you can see how the photos are squeezed here.  I'm a Contenders guy.  I know I'm in the minority but it works for me overall.  I do like that Edelman photo.
Cam Newton, MVP Contender?  A bit of a stretch.  And I think we knew that before the 2020 Season.  But if anyone could have made it work we had to think Bill could do it in New England.  Dillon has had a solid career in Green Bay even if he hasn't been a star.
Love seeing retired legends and this is a nice-looking card and a great player.  Deejay Dallas sounds like he would be spinning records at Cowboys' hype parties.  Just saying.
Pretty good pack of cards.  Some nice star power and a brand I like.  Jackson and the Ravens are wild cards to me.  I'm just not sure what we'll get from them this year.

BREAKDOWN:
22 – Total Cards
1 – Retired Great
1 – Round Numbers
1 – MVP Contenders
1 – Legendary Contenders
1 – Rookie of the Year Contenders



2 comments:

  1. Not the worst design, but not great. I'd prefer the full picture on the front and the ticket theme on the back, but it might be tough to do that and still have the player's stats.

    DK wins it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That DK photo is pretty cool with the ball in the picture though he hasn't caught it yet.

      Delete