Saturday, August 26, 2023

Random Wax: 2022-2023 Donruss Basketball Blaster


 22-23 Donruss Basketball: Hopefully this season we'll get to see what KAT, Rudy Gobert and Anthony Edwards can really be together.  I'm a big Edwards fan and would love to see him and the T-Wolves get into the playoffs.  I'm not convinced selling the farm for Gobert was a good idea but I would like to see if they can make it work.
Great pull in this pack including my favorite players in the league in Kawhi and Dame.  It still hurts to know he'll be leaving Portland but hopefully it can somehow turn into a positive depending on the return.  But wouldn't you want to see what he and Scoot Henderson could do together?
Chet Holmgren, fingers crossed, will have a full season on the court.  He was healthy and looked good in the Summer league.
The backs are nice and colorful.  We'll show some off here for a change of pace.  Some great wings and shooters here.
I'm an Aaron Gordon fan but I have to admit I thought the Nuggets overpaid for him in the offseason after trading for him in the 2021-2022 season.  Well, he helped land them a championship and was a pivotal piece to the team.  What do I know.  Speaking of Anthony Edwards...
The Sacramento Kings had a pretty quiet offseason after their breakout year landing as a #3 seed.  Hopefully they can be just as good this year.  Fox is great and I love Sabonis.  Two greats of the game today in Tatum and Lillard on these nice looking inserts.
NIQUE!  My all-time favorite player showcased on a Bomb Squad insert.  Still not sure about the design of the card but I'll never complain about a Dominique card.

BREAKDOWN:
90 – Total Cards
13 – Rated Rookie
5 – Green Laser Holo Parallel
2 – Bomb Squad
2 – Franchise Featuress
1 – X-Pectations
1 – Retired Great
1 – Complete Players


2 comments:

  1. The Lillard CP insert wins it.

    The Human Highlight Film was runner-up in one of the more controversial slam dunk contests in NBA history. Jordan won it, but it was in Chicago, and many thought 'Nique was robbed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched it. He was robbed! I may be a bit of homer...but still. I think he beat Spud as well...

      Delete