Monday, January 1, 2024

2023-2024 Hoops Winter Holiday Blaster

 23-24 Hoops: Happy New Year!  Perfect time for a winter blaster of Hoops.  Great photo on this LeBron card to start us off.  
Hoops doesn't go overboard with the snow on cards.  I wish they'd do more.  Make everyone know right away what they have in their hand.  Think Topps Holiday cards.  Can't tell if the snow is more pronounced this year over last year.
Youngsters in the set.  No Wemby.  None of these rookies are putting up much in the way of stats but it's still early in the season and their careers.
Jerami Grant has been excellent as a Trail Blazer.  Unfortunately, there isn't a lot working around him right now.  Still a lot of promise in Portland though.
That James Harden is a Holo Parallel.
Three Hoops Tribute inserts which are a nice looking design.  Two current greats in Steph and KD while Dwyane Wade is the retired great in the pack.  Really miss when we'd got more retired greats in Panini sets.
Desmond Bane was one of the few things going for Memphis before Ja Morant came back from suspension.
Don't care for Dynamos.  Pure Players are growing on me.  Arriving Now is bright but I'll take any Scoot Henderson I can get.
I pulled an auto which is always appreciated.  Leaky Black, what a name, isn't doing anything yet but there's always hope.  Glad to have found these.  Fun blaster.  I enjoyed.  I wish a great New Year for everyone.


BREAKDOWN:
90 – Total Cards
16 – RC
5 – Hoops Tribute
4 – Skyview
2 – Arriving Now
2 – Rookie Greetings
1 - Dynamos
1 – Holo Parallel
1 – Pure Players
1 – Retired Great
1 – Purple Parallel
1 – Hot Signatures Rookies Green Parallel


6 comments:

  1. He ruined it by using a blue pen.

    Embid and his alternate jersey win it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like that alternate jersey. Not sure I've ever seen it before.

      Delete
  2. Great looking cards! I do have to say that the LeBron cards along with the Harden card are the winners for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ja Morant photo stands out to me as well.

      Delete
  3. Kudos to Panini for choosing some really nice action shots for this product.

    ReplyDelete