Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Random Wax: 1990 Donruss (3 Packs)

1990 Donruss:  I, like almost everyone else, loved it when Eric Davis came on to the baseball scene.  His speed, power, and defense made us think he was the next best thing.  And while he was fun to watch and great to collect, the hall of fame career never quiet happened as injuries took too much from him.  Still he'll always be a favorite of mine.  He's looking good on this Donruss design that matches the Reds colors.
So many memories in these packs.  I forget how really, really good a hitter Dave Parker was.  He hit .290 over 19 years finishing with 2712 hits and 339 home runs.  And dude had an arm.
Love these old Diamond Kings but those MVP cards are not favorites of mine.
DeShields and Vaughn both had good careers.  Vaughn made the all-star team four times.  Deion was fun to watch but couldn't match the accolades he earned during his football career.
I enjoy remembering those peak Eric Davis years.
As a Braves fan I can only shake my head when see Lonnie Smith.  Still the man won three World Series in his career.  Fun cards and I always enjoy looking at maybe my favorite set of all-time.

BREAKDOWN:
45 – Total Cards (3 Packs)
3 – Puzzle


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No argument but not feeling it as a Yankee. LOL

      Delete
  2. I was a huge A's fan when Cobra was playing with them in the 80s. Earing and all, lol! My favorite card from this set was Griffey, Jr's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parker's two years with the A's were okay but not great. But it netted him another championship ring.

      Delete
  3. Not a big fan of 1990 Donruss... but I'll always appreciate posts showing off Diamond Kings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll always show off the Dick Perez Diamond Kings cards. https://dickperez.com/art-cards/donruss-diamond-kings-1982-1996/

      Delete
  4. Some day I want to get some of the blue versions of these. But I haven’t even made it as far as figuring out if those are expensive, or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing them once and I was shocked. I know they are part of two 1990 Donruss Best sets (AL and NL) but I haven't really looked at what they cost. Might be a project.

      Delete