Saturday, January 27, 2024

Michigan Wolverines - College Football Champions!

 Mich 34 Wash 13: I know this post is late but I was curious what would happen with Jim Harbaugh.  First and foremost, I'm so excited.  My college football teams are Michigan and Georgia in that order.  While I was happy in 1997 this Wolverines championship feels so special and so long in coming.  Michigan has had good teams but could never get over the Ohio State hump...until lately.  Three straight trips to the playoffs resulting in their first championships in 26 years.  

Jim Harbaugh is moving on to be the Los Angeles Chargers coach but no hard feelings.  He is Michigan guy and the fit felt right.  He rewarded U of M with a championship.  The game was a roller coaster.  Big touchdown runs in the first quarter put Michigan up big but a late second quarter touchdown by Washington changed the feel of the game.  17-10 at the half.  You just thought the Huskies had momentum though I know momentum is fickle.  Start of the third quarter saw a Wolverine INT and each team could only manage a field goal in the third.  Really thought this game could still go either way.  Then the Wolverines' offense, which had been quiet since the first got some big pass plays from JJ McCarthy which were huge.  A Michigan touchdown put Washington in a tough spot and an interception left no doubt.  Michigan tacked on their fourth rushing touchdown of the game and the Wolverines are 2023 College Football Champions. 



4 comments:

  1. I was really rooting for a Michigan vs. Washington National Championship game. I rooted for UW... but was happy for all of the bloggers who support Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that. I always do the same for anyone rooting for their team. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I always root for Michigan teams since I was born there, and it was even sweeter that they knocked out Bama to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes knocking out Bama was a great way to get there. Thanks.

      Delete