Sunday, May 25, 2014

2014 Topps Gypsy Queen Baseball Cards

I've been a fan of the Topps Gypsy Queen baseball cards since they came out.  This is the fourth year for Gypsy Queen.  I purchased a pack of the latest set for $2.99.  It contained six cards which I listed below.  Another good set from Topps.  I'm not always a fan of the retro card look (I'm all about players from yesteryear but not necessarily the older card designs) but I've really liked these.  Whatever they do to the photographs really appeals to me. 

The fronts have a design not too un similar to other years.  I like it.  While void of stats on the back the photos are good and the card is simple in design.  Normally I wouldn't be so high on a card like this but I like it even without my beloved stats.  I recommend everyone pick up a pack to at least put your eyes on this set to see if it is for you. 

The Harper card is my favorite from this pack with the different color border (blue) that stands out and the picture of A.J. Pierzynski is a good one where he is showing emotion.  The minis don't do anything for me but they don't in any set.  Again pick this up if you see it on the shelves.  I don't think you'll be disappointed. 

A.J. Pierzynski #166 - basic
Ryan Zimmerman #235 - basic
Wade Miley #245 - basic
Jose Bautista #341 - basic
Bryce Harper #AS-BH - All-Star
Nolan Arenado #9 (stamped 050/199) - Mini

Cardboardconnection.com look at the set
Beckett First Look

No comments:

Post a Comment