Sunday, August 2, 2015

Vacation the Movie Review

While celebrating a youngin's birthday yesterday we saw the movie Vacation.  It was a funny movie but of course will never live up to the original.  I liked the actors which included Ed Helms and Christina Applegate who did a good job portraying a couple in need of a much needed vacation with their two sons.  Ed Helms plays Rusty Griswold, son of Chevy Chase's Clark Griswold from the original movie.  He of course decides the family needs to go on a cross country trip to visit Walley World.  I did think the movie was funny and our kids, ranging 15-23, really liked the movie and were laughing out loud throughout.  My only concern with the movie was the language.  This is an R rated movie but it still seemed excessive for what they were doing.  This was especially the case with the youngest son in the movie who is probably 12 or 13.  He cussed like a sailor and was way too free with the sexual innuendo.  I'm probably showing my age some but the original didn't need all the language to be successful and for that matter neither did this one.  But that aside the movie was funny and I think that it will do well with the younger crowd.  I'm not sure if the older viewers will appreciate it as much but they will definitely find themselves laughing as well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment