Sunday, September 16, 2018

Random Wax: 2017 Donruss Football

I'm a big fan of the 2017 Donruss football so this was an easy call when I saw the local Wal-Mart found these from the abyss of the stock room.  That said this pack was defense heavy with not a lot of wow factor.  There were also zero retired greats which is one thing I love about these cards.  
There doesn't always have to be a Tom Brady in my packs and the defensive standouts really are good players and include stud Vic Beasley of my Falcons. 
I do like this design, the use of colors and the photos.  This one of Harrison Smith is cool with the yellow numbers on that purple jersey.  I'm not sure I've seen that look while watching a game but don't quote me on that.  
The inserts and parallels were duds with the Rookie Gridirion Kings card being the only insert.  And Davis Webb doesn't move the needle for me.  I won't shy away from these cards.  I like the design too much and I've had better luck before.  So here's until next time.  

BREAKDWOWN:
30 - Total Cards
4 - Blue Press Proof (1 RC)
2 - RC
2 - Rated Rookie
1 - Rookie Gridiron Kings

No comments:

Post a Comment