Wednesday, November 18, 2020

2020-2021 Contenders Draft Picks Basketball Blaster with an Autograph

 2020-2021 Contenders Draft Picks Basketball:  NBA draft is tonight so now is the perfect time to show these off.  Found these the beginning of the month.  It's been a long time since I've seen basketball cards on the shelf.  I didn't buy them all but I did pick up some packs as well as this blaster.  I'll show the packs off over time.  I'll start with the one rookie from last year who might be hotter than Zion himself.  I really like the Ja Morant is from a small school like Murray State.

This set lets us see current players and some NBA hopefuls in the college unis.  I really enjoy that about these sets. The base set is only 50 cards strong but each of these have a variation with a different photo.  Not sure why they just don't make the base set 100 cards with each player getting two cards but I guess the variations are somewhat tougher to get in theory.  I screwed up and didn't determine how many variations I received in this box.  ugh.  Variations are noted on the backs with a "V".  Makes it nice and easy.
I did pull a Red Cracked Ice Autograph #/23.  Nice variation on the autos.  Hard to tell if Ty-Shon Alexander will get drafted but obviously that would help this card quite a bit.  We'll find out tonight.  I also pulled an auto in one of the packs I'll be showing off at a later time.
I really like the inclusion of mascots this year and though they are a Blue rival the Michigan State Spartans have a great mascot in Sparty.  That Ben Simmons is a red parallel.  I like seeing retired greats but I'd prefer color photos.  Won't get too picky though.
Of course those players hoping to hear their name tonight are here but in smaller amounts in the insert sets.
The Contenders brand is a favorite of mine.  For some it gets repetitive.  This year's design is pretty good but not my favorite.  The backs are nice too giving us the school logo which I like seeing.  The "V" for variation cards would be right next to where the "23" is on this card back.  As a reminder the Sec/Row/Seat are the player's weight/height(feetinches)/jersey number respectively.  Fun box and good pull.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the draft plays out tonight.  And I don't remember ever seeing James Harden in his college uni. 


BREAKDOWN:
42 – Total Cards
5 – Winning Ticket
3 – Game Ticket Red Parallel
3 – Front Row Seat
2 – Mascots
2 – Retired Greats
1 - Red Cracked Ice Auto /23
1 – Red Winning Ticket Parallel


 


6 comments:

  1. Whoa. It's been a while since I've seen Harden with a tamed beard and like you mentioned... can't remember seeing him in his ASU jersey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look at the photo a couple of times. Actually looks like Andre Iguodala to me.

      Delete
  2. Awesome Alexander auto! Hopefully he finds his way on a team, then you'll really have a big hit here.

    ReplyDelete