Sunday, November 8, 2020

2020 Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr. 1:24 Chevrolet Camaro "Warthog"

 Bubba Wallace is one of my favorite drivers in NASCAR and the Air Force holds a special place for me so this is an annual purchase.  This is pretty much the same Air Force paint scheme from last year.  I think they could have done some minor changes to make this more different from last year.  Still I like the look and I'm happy with this car.
As always the detail on these is really good which is a big part of the appeal.  When I looked this one up this week it was on sale for $32.99 and they normally sell for $54.99.  Might be due to his changing teams this off season.
Bubba Wallace had the best season of his three year career and is currently 22nd in the standings going into today's final race.
Bubba will be moving to Michael Jordan's new NASCAR team next year.  There he'll drive the number 23 car for 23XI Racing.  The team will be co-owned by current NASCAR driver Denny Hamlin.  
Today four drivers will compete for 2020 Championship - Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano, and Brad Kesolowski.  I'll be rooting for Elliott but would be happy for any drivers to take the crown but Elliott and Hamlin haven't won one yet so it would be pretty special for them.
I also picked up the 1:64 version of this one which is just as cool.  I'll call my pop today and watch the end of the race with him via phone.  Something I try to do every week and it's definitely something I miss when the season ends.  It's that thing we have together even though we don't live close.  Just wanted to share this beauty.  Hope some of you enjoy the race today as well.








3 comments:

  1. Didn't realize these 1:24 scale cars retailed for $54.99. Sweet looking car though. Even sweeter that you picked it up on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool car! Haven’t had a lot of bandwidth to watch NASCAR recently, but do catch some highlights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get. Been a ton of sports on of late which makes it tough. Thanks!

      Delete