Thursday, November 26, 2020

2020 Donruss Football Rookie Holiday Sweater Blaster

 2020 Donruss Football Holiday Blaster: Happy Thanksgiving!  I look forward to the holiday cards each year.  That said I was sorely disappointed when I opened this box.  Where are the candy canes?  Where are the Christmas Trees?  The tinsel?  The presents?  Not here.  The only holiday cheer here is the actual Rookie Holiday Sweater relic.  I'm done.  I did pull this CeeDee Lamb Red & Green parallel Optic Rated Rookie so that helps.  A little.  
I was happy with my pull.  Plenty of star power in this box.  Speaking of this box I was pleasantly surprised to find this one the shelf earlier this month.  Only grabbed one as my budget wouldn't allow for more.
Retired greats!  Definitely one of the reasons I like this set.  Love all three of these guys.  
Laviska Shenault Jr. is a WR for the Jaguars and already has 30 receptions for the season.
Donruss is happy to give rookies their due.  I really thought we'd see a better season from Ruggs but he's only a rookie so he has time to improve.
These Retro 1990 cards are favorites of mine.  I'll definitely hunt some of the singles.  I have even considered the set if it wasn't so expensive.
Was I disappointed I didn't get my expected candy canes and Christmas trees?  Heck yeah. Disappointed in this box.  Not really.  Great players combined with a good set is always good.  My rookie sweater pull was also solid.  We need more Jack Youngblood on new cardboard!  

BREAKDOWN: 
88 – Total Cards

11 – Retired Greats

6 – RC

5 – Rated Rookie

1 – Retro 1990

1 – The Rookies

1 – Optic Rated Rookie Red & Green Parallel

1 – Rookie Sweater Relic

1 – Rated Rookie Canvas Parallel








9 comments:

  1. You got some good names here! The CeeDee Lamb is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these holiday blasters. I'd definitely pick one up if I stumbled across it at Target. The Rookie Sweaters relic is kinda cool, although it would have been cooler to see a photo of him wearing the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The player wearing the sweater would be great.

      Delete
  3. I've really liked Donruss football sets in recent years, and this is another nice one. I just traded for a couple of these but couldn't get the Marino.

    Perhaps I'll add it to my Christmas list and see if the elves can scrounge up a blaster or hanger box. I had zero luck at target last week :/

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving! Hopefully Santa will be good to you and one of these will show up under your tree.

      Delete
  4. Me thinks that Matt(SCC) is gonna try to get that sweater card from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon knew I would comment here but yes if that's available please let me know through Twitter or email

      Delete