Sunday, April 27, 2014

2014 Hot Wheels Cool Classics 1977 Pontiac Firebird

Picked up the latest Firebird offering from Hot Wheels.  It is part of the Cool Classics series two cars Hot Wheels put out.  I'm a huge 70's Trans Am fan no doubt due to the Smokey and the Bandit movie coming out in my formative years as a boy.  I have many of the late 70's Trans Am diecast with the Ertl 1:18 scale Smokey and the Bandit version being my favorite.  Back to this car.  I really like the way it is done.  It is just different enough from Hot Wheels' normal offerings to make it worth the $3.79 I paid.  I like the color, the detail, the "glass tops" and the tires.  Just a nice little car.  I have many different Hot Wheels on my desk at work and I'll proudly add this to the collection.  My only complaint would be is the interior color is the same as the exterior.  This really would have set this car apart.  As is it seems like they made a nice car but didn't put that much thought into the colors.  Even having the inside a basic black, a different shade of blue or maybe tan would have worked.  Still I'll just say I like this car.  It will look very nice with all the rest of my Trans Ams.  I found this at my local Wal-Mart for those wondering where they might find one.  You can also look here for a look at the car via a YouTube video (skip to the 1:43 mark of the video). 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment