Thursday, February 16, 2017

La La Land the Movie


I saw La La Land.  There, I admit it.  It is out there.  I kid.  My youngest daughter, who is 16, and I spent a day together last month and saw the movie.  She was so excited when I asked if she wanted to see it on our day out.  To be honest I liked the movie.  It stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone as aspiring artists in Hollywood who meet and a fairy tale romance ensues.   I’m not going to break down the movie or give any long winded review but if you are at all inclined to think you would like this movie I say watch it.  While I’m not a big musical guy, there are a few that I truly enjoy like The Sound of Music, Grease, and of course my all-time favorite – Rock of Ages.  Don’t get me started.  So again La La Land is a good movie and I wanted to give it some props.  Most importantly, I had a great day with my youngin.    

4 comments:

  1. Is Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory considered a musical? I liked that. Grease too. Oh... and I really liked Rent. I'm pretty sure that's a musical. There was a lot of singing going on. Anyways... as a teacher, I love hearing stories about parents hanging out with their children. Glad you and your daughter had a chance to bond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about Willy Wonka and, yes, I would think it counts and love it as well. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I took my mother to see it just after Christmas, and we both enjoyed it. Glad to hear that you had a good day out with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you both enjoyed the movie as well. Thanks.

      Delete