Monday, April 10, 2017

2016-2017 Panini Prestige Basketball Cards

I love these cards.  It isn't often that I get to say that but I really enjoy this set.  The 2016-2017 Panini Prestige basketball cards hit my local Wal-Mart not too long ago.  I was hesitant to pick up a pack but I'm so glad I did.  Pretty simple design but it really pops for me.  I don't normally gravitate towards cards where the background is muted/faded but this seems to be a case where the other players in the card are muted/faded into the background while the player featured on the card and the rest of the photo still pops with color.  The backs are also fun for me.  I like the color tones for each team.   
They come 30 to a pack and these photos are from the first pack of the four I've now purchased.  The pulls have been great and I only have a handful of doubles from the 120 total cards I now have.  I've gotten most of the big stars and I can't name an NBA "Superstar" I haven't gotten already.    
 The inserts in this pack were a Franchise Favorites, Rookie Class and rainbow parallel.  Nothing too special but I do like the Jimmy Butler card.  If I had to pick out a negative it would be the foil on the player and team names.  I don't like anything where I have to look at it at the right angle to read it.   
I'll probably grab more of these as my budget allows.  Besides the Rogue One Series One cards it has been a while since cards have really wowed me.  I like the simple design and the format choices Panini put out here.  Love to hear what others are saying about these cards.  I'll also post a few cards from the other packs later.  Mostly other inserts but I'll also show off some of the stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment