Wednesday, April 26, 2017

2017 Topps Heritage Basebball Cards

I did it again.  Again!  Every year I think I won't pick up the Heritage brand cards but here I am again after picking up a pack of the 2017 Topps Heritage baseball cards.  I again was disappointed.  My issue isn't with the design.  Taken for the 1968 Topps these aren't bad  looking overall.  My issues is head and torso shots.  When getting older designs on cards I prefer an updated take on the photos - this would include in-game or action photos.  This is self inflicted.  I know I don't care for these but I keep going back.  The Stephen Vogt card stood out to me from this pack.  Nice phot that just seems to fill up the card.  Aside from the base cards I also pulled the following:  team, World Series, 2017 Rookie Stars, disc and New Age Performer cards.  The disc cards like minis are smaller than normal cards which I am not a fan of.  I don't know what to do with them and I'd be ok if they just go away.  The World Series cards are pretty nice cards.  I love cards that document the past World Series.
I won't go looking for these cards but I know there are collectors who love this stuff.  I am truly happy they enjoy them but this niche isn't for me.  I normally enjoy the archives cards Topps puts out as there is more variety and you get better looking photos.  I hope others enjoy these but I'll pass.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment