Saturday, April 14, 2018

2016-2017 Donruss Optic Basketball

NBA playoffs start this weekend so I want to look at some basketball today.  I've never been a fan of the Prizm or Optic cards but they seem to be all the rage so I had grabbed some 2016-2017 Donruss Optic basketball.  I just don't get the appeal.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm happy for those collectors who do but there is just something about these I don't care for.  I know I don't like how the cards are so hard and tend to bow and they may really be all it is. On to these cards, I was good with the regular offering of Donruss basketball cards and these are similar so no issues with the design.     
  I was pretty happy with my pull that included personal favorite Kawhi Leonard, a Greek Freak Court Kings and LeBron James.  I also pulled a Hall Kings card which, along with the Court Kings, are my favorites from these sets.  I understand these are favorites of many card guys but I probably won't put much more money into these brands.
  
BREAKDOWN
16 - Total Cards
4 – RC
2 – Court Kings
2 – Hall Kings

2 comments:

  1. I haven't busted basketball in years... but I'm gonna guess that Optic is to Donruss... as Chrome is to Topps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. Optic, prizm, chrome are all kind of in the same family of cards. I can do without all of them. That said I'll probably keep buying them from time to time.

      Delete