Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Random Wax: 2019-2020 Hoops Basketball

2019-2020 Hoops Basketball:  My small town Wal-Mart finally had someone come through and buy out all the basketball cards.  We had quite bit of the Prizm Draft Picks and some other random basketball on the shelves.  Gone.  Someone must have bought all of them at once.  All good.  I still have some packs I've been waiting to post so here we go.  Hoops put out some good cards this year and with Zion a part of the chase they, like all basketball cards, are a hot commodity.  This pack had a pretty good pull and finding Sir Charles is always a fun thing.  But no Zion this time but I've already pulled a few of his Hoops cards this year.
This is one of two Kawhi Leonard cards in this pack.  He's my favorite player in the league today so that is great.  It seems like this forced break in the season could help players like he and Paul George who have their playing time managed quite a bit.
Rudy Gobert of course is the face of kicking off the cancellation of sports.  It was only a matter of time no matter what but his antics put him front and center of the virus conversation in relation to sports.  Lonzo Ball is having a nice bounce back year with the Pelicans.  Stephen Adams is having another solid year for the surprising OKC Thunder.
I pulled a second Hoops Tribute insert.  Andrew Wiggins is now a Golden State Warrior after being traded for De'Angelo Russell.  I like Wiggins and think/hope he can be a great fit there.  This was a fun pack.  If they can be found I'll definitely pick up more of these.  Be safe and stay positive my friends.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
5 – RC
2 - Hoops Tribute
2 – Retired Greats
2 – Frequent Flyers
1 – Purple  Parallel

6 comments:

  1. Not a big Barkley fan, but that first card is just so nice and simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tribute cards are nice and look like they would fit right in in an 80's Hoops set.

      Delete
  2. I second that, I'm not a big basketball collector but that Barkley card is fantastic. Great, retro feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely can see that design in an older set.

      Delete
  3. This year's basketball is super popular. I don't even buy basketball... but when I saw some Contenders boxes, I picked them up. And I don't even like Contenders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to pass up when there is such a big rookie to chase. I get it. I'm not a Prizm fan but bought a few just because.

      Delete